Things that drive me:
- The efficient and appropriate use of technology in education, and education management.
- Teaching the importance of curiosity and resilience in the Mathematics and IT classrooms.
Places I work:
- ADAM EduTech – An educational technology consulting company I own.
- St Mary’s DSG, Kloof – I teach high school Mathematics and Advanced Programme Mathematics. I enjoy exploring ways to integrate technology appropriately in the classroom.
Places I have worked:
- Independent Examinations Board – As Chief Examiner for Information Technology (Practical), I explored ways in which we could examine multiple programming languages using a language-agnostic questioning style.
- Kyalami Schools, Midrand – I managed the IT infrastructure and implementations across three schools and helped to find and apply the best practices from each.
- Beaulieu College, Midrand – I taught high school Information Technology (Java), managed the school’s IT investment and explored ways to make school management more efficient using IT processes.
- Bridge House School, Franschhoek – I taught high school Information Technology and Mathematics in the stunning Franschhoek valley.
- Highbury Preparatory School, Hillcrest – I sit on the school’s Board of Governers and chair the IT Subcommittee.
- South African Council for Educators – as a practising teacher, I belong to this professional oversight body.
Hobbies and Recreation:
- Equestrian Sport:
- Eventing: I am the FEI National Safety Officer for Eventing, a National Event Judge and Provincial Technical Delegate. I am the Secretary of the KZN Eventing Association.
- Show Jumping: I am a Learner Jumping Judge.
- Dressage: I hold the KZN Dressage Council’s Judges and Officials Portfolio to manage the province’s judges panel.
- Maker: I am an 3D-printer hobbyist, experimenting with 3D design.